Table of Contents
Welcome to Tor's combined bug tracker and wiki website.
Please create a New Ticket to create a new bug report or feature request.
Official Tor Links
Tor in the Media
Learn More and Contribute!
- Official Tor homepage.
- Official documentation
- Official Tor package archive.
- Official Tor media archive Contains all images, videos, and misc files.
- Official wiki and bugtracker for Tor.
- Frequently Asked Questions. Sometimes with answers.
- Meetings: Information about Tor dev meetings and hackathons, past and future
- Tor Weekly News: a weekly newsletter for the broader Tor community.
- Check if you are currently using Tor
- Metrics and graphs based on Tor network data
- A fine example of a hidden service.
- Interested in Volunteering?
- Active projects in progress Feel free to take a task or contact the owner if you want to help out.
- Search the Tor bug tracker
- List of onion addresses run by the Tor Project
The below consist of several projects that are working on similar things:
Most of the content here is written by volunteers from around the world. If you find a topic you want to fix, expand, or create, please either create an account or use the multi-user account cypherpunks with the password writecode Note that edits will be credited to the cypherpunks account and not you personally.
Using Tor with …
- Guide on how to Tor-ify various applications by Thomas Sjogren
- A list of programs you might want to use in association with Tor
- Run Tor client on a remote machine and connect with a client ssh by tyranix
- Hacking Firefox's Configuration for Better Tor Performance by PowerPenguin
- Tor and IPCop Linux
- Running Tor on AVM Fritz!Box (german) by [knox]
- Tor on a WDLive TV by jaromil/dyne.org
Installing and Configuring Tor
- Operational security for Tor
- Transparently routing traffic through Tor: Using Tor's transparent proxy feature
- How to get Tor to forward its connections over SSH by chrisd
- Run Tor in a chroot by Steven Murdoch
- Tor packages on Debian
- Scripts for setting up Tor in an OpenBSD chroot by tyranix
- Run Tor client in an OpenBSD chroot (see above script) by tyranix
- Replacement torctl (control script) for OpenBSD users running Tor in chroot by torrclemeelmo
- Configuring Tor to have flexible bandwidth policies through Cron Jobs in Unix by Silivrenion
- Bandwidth Controller Script for Tor by Bogdan Drozdowski
- How to block all local outbound non-Tor traffic in Debian
- Configuring a centralized Tor and Polipo server for your network by Aaron Ciuffo
- Configuring Tor to run in OS X under launchd by DougRansom
Live CD / USB
- Tails, Debian-based, all outgoing connections using Tor, CD or USB, no writing to hdd. Born from the merge of the Incognito and amnesia projects.
- Liberté Linux, Gentoo-based, lightweight, USB or SD, focus on stealth communication
- Live CD Best Practices, for users and devs alike
- Roll your own with Debian Live!, by torrclemeelmo
- Privatix LiveCD/USB, Debian + Tor + Firefox + Torbutton + persistent system, config and home on an encrypted usb-key
DNS leak prevention related
- DNS Resolver - Prevent Accidental DNS Leaks in Windows, MacOS. Resolve all TLDs. Use DNSSEC. -by Bry8Star
- Preventing DNS Leaks by chemicalx
- Good/bad ISPs for running Tor servers
- List of Services Allowing Tor users
- List of Services Blocking Tor users
- Preventing DNS Leaks in Tor with dsocks by tyranix
- Hidden services naming scheme demystified by bebop
- How to set up publicfile (HTTP server for Unix) with Tor for hidden services by Greg Hewgill
- A list of patches to make tsocks more useful and more suitable for use with Tor
- A list of ideas about how to make Privoxy more useful and more suitable for use with Tor
- Development of a solution to allow Tor users to participate in Wikipedia
- Tips for keeping your Tor exit node running at your university/ISP/etc
- Photos of the Tor T-Shirt in action!
- How to always run privoxy and only switch between tor on/off
- How to run a web proxy with tor
- TorDNSEL, a Tor DNS-based Exit List.
- DuckDuckGo Search Engine Hidden Service. This is a hidden service run by the DuckDuckGo search engine.
- Some notes about ed25519 keys for dirauths
The tor doc on this site is distributed under the X11 license. If you don't want your text to be distributed under that license, don't add to this wiki. "Tor" and the "Onion Logo" are registered trademarks of The Tor Project, Inc. More at Legal Stuff.