Opened 6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

#10757 closed enhancement (fixed)

Misleading search result for bridges

Reported by: phw Owned by: rndm
Priority: Medium Milestone:
Component: Metrics/Globe Version:
Severity: Keywords: globe, bridge, relay, search
Cc: Actual Points:
Parent ID: Points:
Reviewer: Sponsor:

Description

When searching for bridges rather than relays, Globe says "No data available in table" (see the attached screenshot) -- even if the bridge exists and is found. Earlier, we had a user on IRC who was confused and concluded that his bridge didn't report itself successfully.

Could we modify the search result page for bridges and make it look like for relays?

Child Tickets

Attachments (1)

search_results.png (37.2 KB) - added by phw 6 years ago.
Screenshot

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (8)

Changed 6 years ago by phw

Attachment: search_results.png added

Screenshot

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by rndm

I don't know if the user intended to search for a bridge.

I could check if the search query looks like a fingerprint and test if the result contains a bridge and no relay. If that's the case enable the bridge tab.

Do you think this would solve the issue?

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by rndm

I changed the behavior of the search results:

If the result has no bridges but relays, it activates the relay tab.
If the result has bridges but no relays, it activates the bridges tab.

This should fix the reported issue. If anything speaks against this solution tell me.

I deployed a live version to http://globe.rndm.de/canary/

If everything is ok, I'm going to merge the changes to master.

comment:3 in reply to:  2 ; Changed 6 years ago by phw

Replying to rndm:

If the result has no bridges but relays, it activates the relay tab.
If the result has bridges but no relays, it activates the bridges tab.

Sounds like a good fix to me.

I deployed a live version to http://globe.rndm.de/canary/

If everything is ok, I'm going to merge the changes to master.

It works fine for my bridge but when I then look for my relays by searching for "karlstad", it shows that two relays were found but there's again the message "No data available in table".

comment:4 in reply to:  3 ; Changed 6 years ago by rndm

Replying to phw:

Replying to rndm:

If everything is ok, I'm going to merge the changes to master.

It works fine for my bridge but when I then look for my relays by searching for "karlstad", it shows that two relays were found but there's again the message "No data available in table".

Sorry, my fault.
I forgot to deploy the latest version.

It should work now.

comment:5 in reply to:  4 Changed 6 years ago by phw

Replying to rndm:

Replying to phw:

Replying to rndm:

If everything is ok, I'm going to merge the changes to master.

It works fine for my bridge but when I then look for my relays by searching for "karlstad", it shows that two relays were found but there's again the message "No data available in table".

Sorry, my fault.
I forgot to deploy the latest version.

It should work now.

Just tested and it works fine. Thanks!

comment:6 Changed 6 years ago by phw

Please ping me when you find the time to merge your branch on GitHub, so Karsten or I can upload the new version to globe.torproject.org.

comment:7 Changed 6 years ago by phw

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

globe.torproject.org is now running Globe in version 0.4.5 and the problem should be fixed. Thanks, rndm!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.