TBB 3.5.1 not starting (Can't load xpcom)
|Reported by:||Sherief||Owned by:||mikeperry|
|Cc:||mcs, brade, gk, mttp, admin@…||Actual Points:|
A number of users using version 3.5.1 cannot run TBB at all and "start tor browser" gives only this error message "Can't load xpcom".
I told the affected users to do the following:
1) Run TBB as Administrator.
2) Put the Tor Browser folder on the Desktop (or anywhere with read/write permissions).
3) Download a Firefox ESR  and see if it produces the same error.
All previous attempts did not work for anyone then one user replaced the xul.dll from 3.5.1 and used the one in version 3.5 and things worked for him. Meanwhile, I sent that user an email requesting the misbehaving xul.dll (gk's suggestion).
Change History (29)
Changed 3 years ago by cypherpunks
comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by cypherpunks
comment:16 in reply to: ↑ description Changed 3 years ago by cypherpunks
comment:18 follow-up: ↓ 22 Changed 3 years ago by cypherpunks
comment:19 Changed 3 years ago by cypherpunks
comment:21 Changed 3 years ago by cypherpunks
- Resolution set to not a bug
- Status changed from new to closed