Opened 10 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

#1085 closed defect (Fixed)

Torbutton's reachability test

Reported by: Sebastian Owned by:
Priority: High Milestone:
Component: Applications/Torbutton Version: 1.2.2
Severity: Keywords:
Cc: Sebastian Actual Points:
Parent ID: Points:
Reviewer: Sponsor:

Description

Whenever I do a reachability test with Torbutton, and it has to fail
because the proxy isn't running on the right port yet, I get an "internal
failure" as the reason. This means that on every future attempt to
toggle Tor state to on, I get a warning that the most recent proxy test
failed to detect a working Tor installation. Rerunning the proxy test
again gives me an internal error, even though Tor works otherwise.

I've tested this on OS X FF 3.5.2 and Debian Squeeze with some
Iceweaesel version (can look it up soon if that's important) with
polipo as the proxy.

[Automatically added by flyspray2trac: Operating System: All]

Child Tickets

Attachments (1)

torbutton-1.2.3-pre6.xpi (338.5 KB) - added by mikeperry 9 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by keb

Maybe the message should say that Torbutton failed
to connect to a working Tor instance and then ask
whether an http proxy, which would enable this, is running.

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by mikeperry

Note to self: Its possible 1105, 1085, 1065, 1063, and 899 are all the same bug.

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by mikeperry

Sebastian, I was able to reproduce the unfixable repeat proxy failure issue only if I was changing my
torbutton settings.

I have fixed the internal failure issue, and it seems to work if I have privoxy disabled, fail a test,
start privoxy, and try another test.

I've attached the xpi that should fix this in the attachments tab. Let me know if it fixes the issue
you experienced, and/or if that issue was related to actually changing proxy settings, or just killing
the privoxy process.

Changed 9 years ago by mikeperry

Attachment: torbutton-1.2.3-pre6.xpi added

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by Sebastian

I'm unable to reproduce the problem with the attached file.

The only setting I remember changing was to set Tor to be on by default.

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by mikeperry

flyspray2trac: bug closed.
This is fixed for 1.2.3. Created a new bug 1159 for the proxy change issue I noticed.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.