Memory request for cappadocicum
|Reported by:||atagar||Owned by:||phobos|
|Component:||Internal Services/Tor Sysadmin Team||Version:|
Hi Andrew. Over the last day or so I've received 21 notices about cappadocicum running out of memory...
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/srv/doctor.torproject.org/doctor/consensus_health_checker.py", line 636, in <module> util.send("Script Error", body_text = msg, destination = util.ERROR_ADDRESS) File "/srv/doctor.torproject.org/doctor/util.py", line 97, in send stderr = subprocess.PIPE, File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 679, in __init__ errread, errwrite) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1153, in _execute_child self.pid = os.fork() OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
Strange. This is indicating an OOM while sending email at the end, not for fetching the descriptors (which should be the memory intensive bit). Oh well...
We ran into memory issues before and you said that it's trivial to add more, but want to keep the virt as lean as possible. Mind adding more? Unfortunately the above stacktrace doesn't give me any hint about how much is necessary so I leave that to your judgment.
Change History (10)
comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by atagar
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by atagar
- Component changed from Tor Sysadmin Team to DocTor
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Summary changed from Memory request for cappadocicum to consensus_health_checker repeatedly failing
comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by atagar
- Component changed from DocTor to Tor Sysadmin Team
- Summary changed from consensus_health_checker repeatedly failing to Memory request for cappadocicum
comment:7 Changed 3 years ago by phobos
- Owner set to phobos
- Status changed from reopened to accepted