Opened 4 years ago

Closed 2 years ago

#15813 closed defect (fixed)

onionoo instances have distinct contact string encoding

Reported by: cypherpunks Owned by:
Priority: Medium Milestone: Onionoo-1.4.0
Component: Metrics/Onionoo Version:
Severity: Normal Keywords:
Cc: Actual Points:
Parent ID: Points:
Reviewer: Sponsor:


relay: DAA39FC00B196B353C2A271459C305C429AF09E4

...SL ??arnels??@??

...SL ?arnels?@?

Child Tickets

Change History (8)

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by iwakeh

Severity: Normal

Was this resolved?

I cannot see any difference in string encoding anymore.

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by iwakeh

Status: newneeds_information

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by karsten

Yep, this issue still exist. Random example:
       "contact": "Random Person <treacheroussunset ????????? openmailbox ????????? org>",
      "contact": "Random Person <treacheroussunset ??? openmailbox ??? org>",

comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by teor

We should really standardise on UTF8.

comment:5 Changed 2 years ago by karsten

Alright, I tracked down this issue to metrics-lib's class and its usage of new String(byte[]). I just opened #21932 to fix this issue in metrics-lib. Once there's a new (patch) release, we can start using that version and resolve this ticket.

comment:6 Changed 2 years ago by iwakeh

Milestone: Onionoo-1.3.0
Status: needs_informationneeds_review

This needs to checked against the latest metrics-lib.

comment:7 Changed 2 years ago by iwakeh

Milestone: Onionoo-1.3.0Onionoo-1.4.0

comment:8 Changed 2 years ago by iwakeh

Resolution: fixed
Status: needs_reviewclosed

The tct is gone now, and with the soon to be rotating two tp.o backends there is no difference anymore. (also see #23244)


Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.