Iframe based AJAX call blocked by popup-blocker or opening in new tab
|Reported by:||sky_kohai||Owned by:||mcs|
|Severity:||Major||Keywords:||tbb-usability-website, TorBrowserTeam201602, TorBrowserTeam201602R tbb-5.5-regression|
|Cc:||mcs, brade, arthuredelstein||Actual Points:|
Iframe based AJAX call blocked by popup-blocker. After allowing popups, form submits to new tab instead of hidden iframe.
Issue appeared in TBB 5.5. TBB 5.0.7 (previous stable) works with same code normally.
To reproduce go to http://dmirrgetyojz735v.onion/d/#set-lang:en and try to make post with JS support enabled.
Code of submit and AJAX handlers can be found in http://dmirrgetyojz735v.onion/js/tinaib1.js , seek doPostForm func.
Trace is like
WARNING: content window passed to PrivateBrowsingUtils.isWindowPrivate. Use isContentWindowPrivate instead (but only for frame scripts). pbu_isWindowPrivate@resource://gre/modules/PrivateBrowsingUtils.jsm:25:14 nsBrowserAccess.prototype.openURI@chrome://browser/content/browser.js:15194:21
Depending of the exact code, call stack may contain func, which actually submitted form.
Tested on Ubuntu 14.04 x64.
Change History (15)
comment:1 Changed 15 months ago by gk
- Cc mcs brade arthuredelstein added
- Priority changed from Medium to High
- Severity changed from Normal to Major
comment:4 Changed 15 months ago by gk
- Owner changed from tbb-team to mcs
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:7 in reply to: ↑ 6 Changed 15 months ago by mcs
- Keywords TorBrowserTeam201601R added
- Status changed from assigned to needs_review
comment:12 Changed 15 months ago by gk
- Keywords TorBrowserTeam201602R added; TorBrowserTeam201601R removed
comment:14 Changed 15 months ago by gk
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from needs_review to closed