Opened 6 months ago

Closed 6 months ago

#26516 closed defect (fixed)

Infinite redirect at https://blog.torproject.org/tor-browser-756-released

Reported by: pm Owned by: alison
Priority: Medium Milestone:
Component: Community Version:
Severity: Normal Keywords:
Cc: boklm, steph Actual Points:
Parent ID: Points:
Reviewer: Sponsor:

Description

Can not add URLs in bug-report so I have rewritten all but the first of each URL with AAA, BBB.

As-MacBook-Pro:~ a$ curl https://blog.torproject.org/tor-browser-756-released
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <head>
        <meta charset="UTF-8" />
        <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-756" />

        <title>Redirecting to BBB</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        Redirecting to <a href="BBB">BBB</a>.
    </body>
As-MacBook-Pro:~ a$ curl BBB
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
    <head>
        <meta charset="UTF-8" />
        <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=https://blog.torproject.org/tor-browser-756-released" />

        <title>Redirecting to AAA</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        Redirecting to <a href="AAA">AAA</a>.
    </body>
</html>As-MacBook-Pro:~ a$ 

Child Tickets

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 6 months ago by pm

This makes it impossibel to view the release information (both using Tor and Safari gives the same result).

comment:2 Changed 6 months ago by Dbryrtfbcbhgf

Im having the same issue, when using Safari.

comment:3 Changed 6 months ago by boklm

Cc: boklm steph added

Hmm, I am not sure what is happening.

The post started as tor-browser-756-released, was renamed to new-release-tor-browser-756 then back to tor-browser-756-released. It seems some redirects from the old urls are automatically added, and now we have a loop.

To try to fix it, I added a - at the end, and the new URL is now working:
https://blog.torproject.org/tor-browser-756-released-

However the index page still points to the old url (when not logged), but I think it will be fixed when the cache expire.

Last edited 6 months ago by boklm (previous) (diff)

comment:4 Changed 6 months ago by Dbryrtfbcbhgf

The issue is no longer occurring for me when using Safari.

comment:5 Changed 6 months ago by boklm

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

It seems to be fixed now.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.