Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

#3385 closed defect (fixed)

Make the context menu look sensible in SeaMonkey

Reported by: andrew3 Owned by: pde
Priority: Medium Milestone:
Component: HTTPS Everywhere/EFF-HTTPS Everywhere Version:
Severity: Keywords: SeaMonkey
Cc: Actual Points:
Parent ID: Points:
Reviewer: Sponsor:


SeaMonkey 2.1 has been released and the HTTPS Everywhere add-on is being reported as incompatible.

The add-on needs to be tested and flagged as supported for SeaMonkey 2.1.

Child Tickets

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by andrew3

I have downloaded the latest .xpi file and extracted/repacked it with the following change:

In install.rdf, replace the following line:


SeaMonkey 2.1 appears to be compatible with the latest HTTPS Everywhere add-on; I was able to view websites such as Wikipedia and Google with the normal HTTPS Everywhere behaviour.

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by pde

Status: newaccepted

Fixed in git. This will be included in the next releases.

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by pde

Resolution: fixed
Status: acceptedclosed

This is fixed in the latest development release. However, we will need a patch to make the new context menu visible in Seamonkey...

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by andrew3

Please excuse me, but I have no idea about anything regarding git, patches etc. (I think this is probably something I really need to learn).

But after doing some reading, I've found the reason for which the toolbar item is not being displayed:

As per the following URL, navigator.xul must be used instead of browser.xul for SeaMonkey:

To fix this, simply have two overlays (similar to the StumbleUpon addon). So in chrome.manifest,

overlay chrome://navigator/content/browser.xul chrome://https-everywhere/content/toolbar_button.xul
overlay chrome://navigator/content/navigator.xul chrome://https-everywhere/content/toolbar_button.xul

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by pde

Resolution: fixed
Status: closedreopened
Summary: HTTPS Everywhere support for SeaMonkey 2.1Make the context menu look sensible in SeaMonkey

I've made this change in git. In my seamonkey theme the results look kind of weird (the button has a huge label to the right of it) so some tweaking will be required, but we're on the right track.

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by pde

Resolution: fixed
Status: reopenedclosed

This is now fixed in git.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.