Please add Control Socket support
|Reported by:||dererk||Owned by:||aagbsn|
Since 0.2.2.29-beta, last remaining details to enable "Control Socket" by default on Tor have been sorted out.
This feature enables users inside Tor's group to establish a local unix socket connection to control or monitor its behavior, with no extra authentication required above basic POSIX permissions.
This is mayor feature for everyone attempting to experience or bring a painless-almost-zero-conf integration with Tor.
Since this introduces the capability to start arm with no configuration, adding Control Socket support would definitely be a great goal for end users.
Change History (11)
comment:1 follow-up: ↓ 5 Changed 6 years ago by atagar
- Owner changed from atagar to mikeperry
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by atagar
- Component changed from arm to Torctl
- Status changed from assigned to needs_review
comment:9 Changed 5 years ago by mikeperry
- Owner changed from mikeperry to aagbsn
- Status changed from needs_review to assigned