Missing IPv6 ORPort reachability check
|Reported by:||shamrock||Owned by:|
|Component:||Core Tor/Tor||Version:||Tor: 0.2.4.2-alpha|
|Severity:||Normal||Keywords:||ipv6, tor-relay, 026-triaged-1, nickm-patch, 027-triaged-1-out, tor-03-unspecified-201612|
Tor does not log (or does not perform) a test to determine if an IPv6 ORPort is reachable.
Tor does log a corresponding test for an IPv4 ORPort.
Debian squeeze amd64, latest patches
Tor version 0.2.4.2-alpha (git-0537dc6364594474)
How to reproduce:
- configure Tor with both IPv4 and IPv6 IP addresses and OrPorts.
- start Tor
- the Tor log file will show a test to determine if the IPv4 OrPort is reachable, but not if the IPv6 ORPort is reachable.
- (this particular system was configured as a bridge)
The user might expect to see a log entry for IPv6 that corresponds to the following log entry for IPv4:
"Sep 22 11:09:21.000 [notice] Now checking whether ORPort [host's IPv4 address]:443 is reachable... (this may take up to 20 minutes -- look for log messages indicating success)"
Change History (24)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by ln5
- Component changed from - Select a component to Tor Relay
- Keywords ipv6 added
- Parent ID set to #5547
- Priority changed from trivial to normal
comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by nickm
- Parent ID #5547 deleted
- Priority changed from normal to major
comment:7 Changed 4 years ago by nickm
- Status changed from new to needs_review
- Summary changed from Missing log entry for IPv6 ORPort reachability check to Missing IPv6 ORPort reachability check
comment:9 Changed 4 years ago by nickm
- Milestone changed from Tor: 0.2.4.x-final to Tor: 0.2.5.x-final
- Status changed from needs_review to needs_revision
comment:10 Changed 3 years ago by nickm
- Milestone changed from Tor: 0.2.5.x-final to Tor: 0.2.6.x-final
comment:14 Changed 2 years ago by nickm
- Milestone changed from Tor: 0.2.6.x-final to Tor: 0.2.7.x-final