Windows Search indexes the Tor Browser Bundle
|Reported by:||runa||Owned by:||tbb-team|
A forensic analysis of the Tor Browser Bundle (version 2.3.25-6, 64-bit) on Windows 7 showed that it is likely that Windows Search indexes the Tor Browser Bundle.
Windows Search, which is enabled by default, builds a full-text index of files on the computer. One component of Windows Search is the Indexer, which crawls the file system on initial setup, and then listens for file system notifications to index changed files. Windows Search writes a number of files to the following location:
I have not found a way to read the Windows Search database files, but I would say it is likely that Windows Search picked up the Tor Browser Bundle at some point.
Change History (6)
comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by erinn
- Component changed from Tor bundles/installation to Tor Browser
- Owner changed from erinn to tbb-team
comment:5 Changed 13 months ago by bugzilla
- Keywords tbb-disk-traces added; tbb-disk-leak needs-triage removed
- Resolution set to invalid
- Severity set to Normal
- Status changed from new to closed