Load balance right when we have higher guard rotation periods
|Reported by:||arma||Owned by:|
|Severity:||Keywords:||needs-proposal, tor-auth, tor-client, 026-triaged-1, unfrozen, nickm-review|
|Cc:||amj703, NickHopper, isis||Actual Points:|
Description (last modified by arma)
Here's our plan:
1) Directory authorities need to track how much of the past n months each relay was around and had the Guard flag.
2) They vote a percentage for each relay in their vote, and the consensus has a new keyword on the w line so clients can learn how Guardy each relay has been.
3) Clients change their load balancing algorithm to consider how Guardy you've been, rather than just treating Guard status as binary (#8453).
4) Raise the guard rotation period a lot (#8240).
Change History (56)
comment:9 Changed 21 months ago by nickm
- Milestone changed from Tor: 0.2.5.x-final to Tor: 0.2.6.x-final
Changed 16 months ago by asn
comment:20 in reply to: ↑ 19 Changed 16 months ago by asn
comment:36 in reply to: ↑ 34 Changed 10 months ago by asn
comment:54 Changed 9 months ago by nickm
- Resolution set to implemented
- Status changed from needs_review to closed