Stem Development Wiki
|If you're looking for...||... it can be found at...|
|Getting the code||git clone https://git.torproject.org/stem.git|
|Browsing the codebase||https://gitweb.torproject.org/stem.git|
Tor Workaround Deprecations
Often it's easier and far more expedient to work around tor issues in stem rather than tor itself. However, in the long run it's better if we can fix issues in tor as well, then deprecate our workarounds after the fix has been widely deployed.
Stem's support policy is to keep workarounds until it is both only needed on relays flagged as being 'obsolete' and those relays compose less than 10% of the consensus. (note: we might need to change this figure if it's unrealistic - I haven't checked yet)
|Bug Description||Fix||Fixed Version|
|Relative auth cookie paths||4e14ce4||0.2.3.11|
Below is a checklist for releases...
- Recache latest information (cache_manual.py and cache_fallback_directories.py)
- Tag the release
- Bump stem's version (in stem/__init__.py and docs/index.rst).
- git commit -a -m "Stem release 1.0.0"
- git tag -u 9ABBEEC6 -m "stem release 1.0.0" 1.0.0 d0bb81a
- git push --tags
- Dry-run release on PyPI
- Final release
- rm dist/*
- Change the setup.py's DRY_RUN flag to false.
- python setup.py sdist
- gpg --detach-sig --armor dist/stem-1.0.0.tar.gz
- twine upload dist/*
- Contact package maintainers
- Announce the release (example)