Stem Development Wiki
|If you're looking for...||... it can be found at...|
|Getting the code||git clone git://git.torproject.org/stem.git|
|Browsing the codebase||https://gitweb.torproject.org/stem.git|
Tor Workaround Deprecations
Often it's easier and far more expedient to work around tor issues in stem rather than tor itself. However, in the long run it's better if we can fix issues in tor as well, then deprecate our workarounds after the fix has been widely deployed.
Stem's support policy is to keep workarounds until it is both only needed on relays flagged as being 'obsolete' and those relays compose less than 10% of the consensus. (note: we might need to change this figure if it's unrealistic - I haven't checked yet)
|Bug Description||Fix||Fixed Version|
|Relative auth cookie paths||4e14ce4||0.2.3.11|
Below is a checklist for releases...
- Tag the release
- Bump stem's version (in stem/__init__.py and docs/index.rst).
- git commit -a -m "Stem release 1.0.0"
- git tag -u 9ABBEEC6 -m "stem release 1.0.0" 1.0.0 d0bb81a
- git push --tags
- Upload the archive
- git archive --prefix=stem-1.0.0/ master | bzip2 > stem-1.0.0.tar.bz2
- gpg --detach-sig --armor stem-1.0.0.tar.bz2
- Create a new release on the python package index and attach the tarball/sig
- Contact package maintainers
- Announce the release (example)