Changes between Initial Version and Version 1 of org/teams/CommunityTeam/Projects/wiki/org/meetings/2018CryptoRaveIRCMeetingAgenda


Ignore:
Timestamp:
Feb 26, 2018, 6:52:45 PM (21 months ago)
Author:
anadahz
Comment:

Add 2018CryptoRaveIRCMeetingAgenda

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • org/teams/CommunityTeam/Projects/wiki/org/meetings/2018CryptoRaveIRCMeetingAgenda

    v1 v1  
     1{{{
     2Agenda
     3======
     4
     51 CryptoRave and Unam university [MX]
     6  - some of gwolf's student group might attend CR; if they attend, they want
     7    to present their Tor-related research project and we should welcome them
     8    properly in activities we organize there
     9  - To check later → with jon, shari for funding (isabela will follow up on this)
     10  - Probably one Mexican student to attend; present the work we are doing
     11  - Important focus: Get connected with the global Tor community, start collaborating
     12    beyond the limits of our univ
     13
     142.1 Tor meeting in SP in November?
     15  - ACTION: add a discussion point at Rome's Tor meeting about this [isabela will first bring to vegas leads & tor meeting organizing team and follow up with folks via email]
     16  - Tor meetup is *not* annual tor meeting
     172.2 Annual Tor meetup/gathering
     18
     193 Follow-up with relays and legal advice in LATAM [DerechosDigitales]
     20  - difficulty in finding trusted provider to host tor-relay in brazil [smb]
     21  - WIP to get support ($$$) to run relays in LATAM: legal, graphics, doc;
     22    but only in Spanish
     23  - ACTION: ilv sends material to tor-south for translation (e.g. into pt_BR)
     24    once it's ready
     25
     264 decide what Tor/Tails stuff we want to make happen at CryptoRave, and who will make it happen.
     27  - ACTION: submit a "Tails and Tor Browser install party" activity:
     28    provide USB sticks and help people install their own Tails/TB:
     29    jose-victor and drebs
     30    - there are 2 volunteers, they should ask in tails@ for buying usb sticks
     31  - the problem of the boot in tails [smb]
     32  - if you'd like some Tor swag I can (probably) coordinate [t0mmy]
     33  - idea of a "tor school" after the event. one or two full days to dissect the onion, so we can
     34    have a strong userbase in brazil [ggus]
     35Slides:
     36  https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/CommunityTeam/Projects/GlobalSouth#Events
     37  https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/promote/material/slides/
     38
     39  ACTION: drebs finds team-mates to submit and give 2 separate intro talks:
     40          1 about Tor, 1 about Tails
     41
     42  ACTION: intrigeri submits Tails + Tor users meetup; we split the group
     43          in the beginning between Tails and TB users
     44
     45  ACTION: intrigeri coordinates with isabela wrt. Tor users meetup
     46 
     47  ACTION: ggus submits a Tor+Tails volunteers / contributors / relay ops meetup
     48
     49  ACTION: ilv prepares translated material/intro for volunteers and check with someone who actually speaks portuguese :D
     50
     51  NOTE: sessions shoud be translated
     52
     535- improve the hacker (tor,tails,cryptorave) community internationally
     54  - ppl from cryptorave interested in joining next tor-meetings
     55
     566 - CryptoRave organizational needs
     57- spread the campaign
     58- international donnors
     59-
     60
     61Decisions & tasks
     62=================
     63
     64
     65* relay the crowdfunding: https://catarse.me/cryptorave2018
     66  - ACTION: intrigeri checks with Tails if @Tails_live can retweet
     67
     68Background: already submitted activities
     69========================================
     70
     71There's already 4 Tor related activities made by 3 people:
     72
     731. 11 Tors e um segredo
     742. Relay do Tor com Raspberry Pi 3
     753. Tails, Tor, Deep Web e outros assuntos relacionados (para mulheres,
     76pessoas não-binárias e genderqueer)
     774. Brasil 2018 - monitore a internet contra censura (from Isabela) not tor related as 'tpo organized' [will teach ooni here]
     785. [not official] isabela and antonela want to do some user testing in a corner;
     79   intrigeri would like to lurk (and possibly help e.g. recruiting, observing,
     80   note-taking, bringing coffee :) 'cause developers should learn some UX
     81   methodology and see how their software works with human beings.
     82
     83
     84Background: Where this meeting comes from
     85=========================================
     86
     87The main outcome of the meeting would be that we know what sessions
     88will be proposed on https://cpa.cryptorave.org/en/cr2018/cfp/session/new
     89and by whom.
     90
     91Entry points into the thread for those who join the discussion now:
     92
     93 - December:
     94   https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/global-south/2017-December/000109.html
     95 - January:
     96   https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/global-south/2018-January/000131.html
     97
     98There's quite some relevant background and discussion in there.
     99
     100To sum up what we've discussed with gus so far on this thread, it
     101appears we need at least 3 events:
     102
     1031. Introduction to Tor and Tails [talk]
     104
     105   Ideally done in pt_BR and from a local perspective.
     106   I'm happy to help if I can be useful.
     107
     1082. Tails users meetup [discussion]
     109
     110   Main goal from my PoV: shut up, learn about users' needs, identify
     111   users who are OK with answering an intercept interview, schedule
     112   ad-hoc self-organized time to spend more time later with attendees
     113   who want to get involved in the Tails community (I'm staying a few
     114   days in Sampa after the event specifically to make room for that).
     115
     116   I'd be happy to prepare and help structure this conversation but
     117   it'll be much better if we do this together with local people, in
     118   particular with those who are already active in the Tails community!
     119
     1203. Tor users meetup
     121
     122   Same as (2) but for Tor :)
     123}}}