Welcome to the UX team page! ٩(◕‿◕)۶
Linda Lee, UX team lead (full time)
linda (irc), linda@…
- languages: English, Korean
- specialties: project management, user research methodologies, writing content
- interests: vegan foods, weird-looking flowers, cute fish (especially pufferfish)
Isabela Bagueros, UX engineer (splits her time between other Tor responsibilities)
isabela (irc), isabela@…
- languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese
- specialties: UX industry landscaping, wireframing interfaces, training people to use Tor
- interests: anything Brazilian, warm places, a nice cup of coffee
We want to make Tor applications usable and useful to people that need them and support Tor application teams on their projects with UI design, visual design, user testing, and user research. We want a multidisciplinary team of designers, UI engineers, and user researchers, data analysts, and localization/internationalization specialists. Contact us or ping the UX mailing list to get involved.
We document each project on a wiki page as well, for continuity.
- Making over Tor's web presence
- A Usability Evaluation of Tor Launcher
- Creating the Tor Style Guide
- A Mobile Friendly, Understandable Security Slider
- Tor Browser UX sprint
- Redesigning the Tor Metrics Page
- Designing OONI web and mobile UI
These are the things that currently need to be done right now:
|#21222||new||Redesign torproject.org and create supplementary portals||lnl||lnl|
|#21221||new||Perform usability testing for the mobile security slider||lnl||lnl|
|#21217||assigned||Organizing and adding to media.torproject.org||lnl||lnl|
|#21183||new||Basic Usability Issues||ninavizz|
|#20843||new||Tor Browser: How do we help users to use higher security?||arthuredelstein|
|#20842||new||Proposal: Improve Tor Browser font whitelist / bundled fonts||arthuredelstein|
These are some of the basics. They are all a quick (<7 min) read!
- who, what, when, where, why of usability
- usability testing pipeline
- usability heuristics
- usability inspection methods
- research methods
- task analysis modeling methods
- 3 important response times
- how to write how users read
Want to learn more? Read this self-start guide.
These are some notes we didn't want to forget about.
Winter Dev 2016: